Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Goodbye Shweshwe




A retail store I co-owned and conceived from a dream of owning a space with beautiful textiles and hand-made products. Shweshwe named after the South African traditional cloth was full of georgous collectables all found from there; my hometown; a place I will keep going back to and still draw on for inspiration. I created the feel and look of this space and these images with the help of some talented and generous friends, Virginia Kerridge Architects, , Skeet Booth photographer, and Anthony, my darling who did all the graphic design; so its thanks to them too for the realisation of a beautiful idea. I split from Shweshwe in 2007, a year after it opened; and it's now closed it's doors and stopped trading. So it's goodbye to an old chapter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...More Beautiful Books