Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Construction Knitting Workshops and Walter Van Beirendonck

In Melbourne this week to set up for workshops at Harvest.  My first stop was the Walter Van Berendonck exhibition at RMIT's new Design Hub building.  I exhibited alongside WVB in 2010, at the Endless Garment Exhibition, amongst 9 other designers in this show but I recall being drawn to his work the most.  Seeing a whole body of his work again in this new show, now I know why it speaks to me.  It's that Antwerp culture of independent small practice creative communities, as quoted by Robyn Healy, "known for distinctive creative designs, marketed with little or no advertising.......... a way of thinking about fashion which is highly experimental and speculative design".




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...More Beautiful Books